Majority of the content floating in the internet is in the form of articles. And in order for the web to move forward, it needs a continuous flow of content. This is where article marketing comes into the picture. Online marketers have this need to digest new information every single day. They log in to the web and read articles from their favorite blogs, websites, forums and directories. Looking at the picture with a marketer’s perspective, it’s rather easy to see how you can use articles to promote products, services and businesses online. The process is simple: you write a piece revolving around a product or service, publish this article anywhere in the web, place a link back to the property where you want the readers to land, then promote the piece. Then rinse and repeat. This is how most marketers do article promotion. As an entrepreneur, you can make modifications to the process but the overall setup is pretty much the same.
Here are some tips on how you should go about with article marketing:
1. Learn the process first before you write your very first article. So many aspiring article marketers just jump into the process unprepared. Writing and distributing articles may look like a walk in the park but it’s a totally different thing once you get your hands dirty with it. It will be especially difficult if you are not a natural writer. With that said, it’s highly recommended that you learn every bit of information you can about writing and distributing articles before you start. If you start prepared, you will encounter much less barriers along the way.
2. Educate yourself about the right formats of articles. In the internet marketing industry, there are various types of articles and they follow different formats. For example, sales articles are different from press releases (PR). Additionally, the format of your articles will depend on the platform where you are going to publish it. Are you going to publish it in an article directory? In a blog? In a forum? Or in a news site? Submissions in article directories follow the simplest format as you have free reign over your submissions. Your articles will also be affected by the policies of the directory you are submitting to. If you are submitting an article as a guest post in a blog, you have to go the extra mile to create a better quality article. This is to ensure that the owner of the blog will accept your guest post.
3. Submit your articles only to the best article directories. Just look for the highest ranked and most reputable directories and stick to them. There’s no point in spreading your articles too wide. Diversity is good but you should not go overboard. Publishing on three to five articles will be more than enough. Besides, the number of directories you’re going to use will depend on your productivity as a writer. Also, article marketing is not about quantity, it’s more on quality.
4. Promote your articles once you have them published. Once you hit the “Publish” button, you should not stop there. You have to go out and tell people about your article. Do this by promoting your articles in venues such as social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter, bookmarking sites, forums, and in your own sites, learning how to interlink your articles. Articles will take time to be found in the search engines. That said, you have to self-promote to generate the initial traffic for your articles.
5. Don’t just focus on article directories. There are other places where you can publish your articles for free. For example, you can use revenue-sharing websites like Squidoo, HubPages and InfoBarrel. Joining and using these sites is free. What’s great about these revenue-sharing sites is that they often have high page ranks.
6. Sometimes, outsourcing is a good idea. You have the option to let other people write and submit the articles for you. It will obviously cost you something but it’s a good alternative if you don’t have the time or talent to write the articles yourself. And you should not worry because articles are very affordable these days. There are thousands of freelance online writers out there willing to write the articles for you at reasonable prices.
These tips will ensure that you get the best results from your article marketing campaigns.
Like these tips? Am I missing any pointers? Please share below and add on some additional tips I have missed. Most importantly, do NOT forget to SHARE this post. … Even better-Here is a FREE recorded Webinar. Learn everything you need to know about Article Marketing. Click Here.